- We are trying to maintain the text of each Javali 100% identical to what we found in the original book. (Few exceptions may be made to make the Telugu text readable by today’s readers)
- For example, “manakyAlanE” is what we would speak as “manakElanE – మనకేలనే” – we used the old way!
- Text like “dharma” “ధర్మ” used to be written differently – with a half “r” coming after “dhama”. Unable to reproduce it today – hence, modernized the text.
- Same goes for names of Raga / Tala also – trying to maintain old way of writing (as found in old books) – like “byAg” – what we now call “behAg”, or “industAni” – what we call as “HindustAni”
- For Telugu – English transliteration, I am using an online tool http://www.lekhini.org, and here is their approach. Have not taken their permission – didnt know how to! Hope they dont mind!